- Start Date
- End Date
- Mathematical Sciences Research Institute
- Berkeley, CA
- Meeting Type
- Contact Name
- Kristen Hendricks, Teena Gerhardt, Ailsa Keating
The two-day conference Connections Workshop: Floer Homotopy Theory will run September 8th and 9th at the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI). This workshop will feature talks by experts in Floer theory (and its applications to low-dimensional topology) and homotopy theory. It will include two expository lectures aimed at graduate students and other researchers who are new to the field, as well as a five research talks, given by the following speakers.
- Jennifer Hom, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Mona Merling, University of Pennsylvania
- Po Hu, Wayne State University
- Xin Jin, Boston College
- Inbar Klang, Columbia University
- Shira Tanny, Institute for Advanced Study
- Melissa Zhang, University of Georgia
There will also be a contributed talks session and a panel discussion focusing on professional development. This workshop will highlight contributions by women and gender minorities, and members of these groups and of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to attend. This workshop is open to all mathematicians. The deadline for applying for funding is June 1; contributed talks will be solicited shortly thereafter.
This workshop precedes the weeklong Introductory Workshop: Floer Homotopy Theory, which may also be of interest to participants.
If you notice a problem with this entry, please contact the curators by email.