Biology, Analysis, Geometry, Energies, Links: A Program on Low-dimensional Topology, Geometry, and Applications
- Start Date
- End Date
- IMA (Institute for Mathematics and its Applications)
- Minnestoa, MN
- Meeting Type
- 1 week summer school followed by 1 week workshop
- Contact Name
- Simon Blatt, Elizabeth Denne, Philipp Reiter, Armin Schikorra
We would like to announce a two week program on Low-dimensional topology, geometry, and applications to be held at the IMA (Minnesota) in June 2019. In the first week (17 – 22 June), we will run a summer school targeted at (but not restricted to) PhD students and postdocs. There will be four courses given by
- Jun O'Hara (Chiba, harmonic analysis)
- Peter Schröder (Caltech, discrete differential geometry)
- Jennifer Schultens (UC Davis, 3-manifolds)
- Gert van der Heijden (UC London, nonlinear mechanics)
as well as a special lecture by Ken Millett (UCSB, microbiology).
In the second week (24 – 28 June) there will be a workshop providing a platform to present the most recent developments in the fields presented at the summer school.
Please register at the IMA website. Limited travel support for young participants may be available.
The organizing committee: Simon Blatt, Elizabeth Denne, Philipp Reiter, Armin Schikorra
IMA Minnesota 207 Church Street SE Minneapolis, MN 55455 United States
More information: https://www.ima.umn.edu/2018-2019/SW6.17-28.19
If you notice a problem with this entry, please contact the curators by email.